Central NY Teacher Recruitment Days
IF THE "REGISTER" LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE DOES NOT WORK AFTER 6:00 AM on FEBRUARY 11; REFRESH YOUR BROWSER
You MUST register online. Read this information, and proceed with the application at the end of this page.
Online applications will NOT BE ACCEPTED before 6:00 AM February 11 or AFTER 11:59 PM on March 25. Individuals who have not pre-registered will not be admitted on the day of the event. Priority is given to applicants according to the order in which applications are received. Registrations will be date and time stamped to the second.
Registration Problems (email us here) firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS TEACHER RECRUITMENT DAYS (TRD)?
On April 8-9, 2019; school districts from New York and several other states will send recruiters to Cortland to conduct interviews for known and anticipated vacancies. Candidates from 11 Central New York colleges and universities will be interviewed on the SUNY College at Cortland campus. The focus of the event will be entry-level employment.
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE IN TRD?
Requirements for participation include the following:
* Undergraduate Students - You must be eligible for certification/licensure in Education by September 2019, AND have completed an undergraduate program of study between December 2018 and August 2019, from one of the member institutions listed below.
* Graduate Students - You must be eligible for certification/licensure in Education by September 2019, AND currently enrolled in (or a December 2018 graduate of) a program leading toward professional certification from one of the member institutions listed below.
* Recent Alumni - Alumni of CNY-CDA participating schools (please see the list of schools below) who graduated with their initial NYS teaching certification between December 2013 and May 2018 are also invited to attend TRD. Please make sure your teaching certification is current before registering for this event. The registration period for alumni will be the same. Alumni will need to attend the Day 1 orientation in order to sign up for interviews on Days 1 and 2 of TRD.
Participation will be restricted to a limited number of candidates based on the overall number of recruiters who register for TRD. It is imperative that you complete the registration procedure during the indicated period, although in no way does that guarantee your participation in TRD. Individuals will not be admitted to the door without having pre-registered and NO applications will be processed beyond March 6th.
PARTICIPATING COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY / CAZENOVIA COLLEGE / ELMIRA COLLEGE /
ITHACA COLLEGE / LE MOYNE COLLEGE / SUNY CORTLAND / SUNY ONEONTA / SUNY OSWEGO / SUNY POTSDAM / SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
HOW WILL I BENEFIT FROM TRD?
TRD provides the following benefits:
- A chance to meet and interview with representatives from multiple school districts in one central location.
- An opportunity to connect with districts from geographic locations not previously considered.
- An opportunity to interact and share information with other job seekers.
- Follow-up interviews and possible job offers (many of last year’s participants later received offers of employment as a result of contacts made at TRD).
WHICH SCHOOL DISTRICTS ATTEND TRD?
You can view the most current listing of participating districts through this website. Information will be updated on a regular basis right up to the day of the event. The website is best viewed through Internet Explorer.
WHAT KIND OF TIME COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED?
On the morning of the Day 1- April 8, orientation and interview sign-ups will take place at the SUNY College at Cortland Park PER Alumni Arena. Attendance by all participants is mandatory on Day 1.
The actual interviews will be held from mid-morning through the afternoon of April 8 and continue throughout the morning and afternoon of April 9. All interviews will be held in the SUNY Cortland Park PER Alumni Arena. Each participant’s schedule will vary depending on the number and times of interviews obtained during the sign-up period. It is recommended that candidates free-up as much time as possible during the two days in order to remain flexible for available interviews.
> Spring 2019 Student Teachers: Each college/university has its own policy regarding excuses from classes or student teaching for participation in TRD. Check your own campus policy. If you are currently student teaching, make proper arrangements with your cooperating/master teacher and faculty supervisor well in advance regarding your anticipated absence due to the TRD event.
HOW DO I ARRANGE TRANSPORTATION TO CORTLAND?
Transportation to and from TRD is each candidate’s responsibility. Check the TRD website for hotel/motel accommodations, directions, and parking information.
SUNY Cortland has handicapped-accessible facilities. Please contact your career center if you need special assistance.
Contact your college/university career center.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR TRD?
1. You must REGISTER ONLINE through the TRD WEBSITE, the link is listed below.
Please note: On the registration, you will be asked to provide credit card information to make the $10 registration payment.
2. Registration must be received by March 25.
3. Approved/paid candidates will receive candidate information packet PDF and personalized ticket via e-mail. (ATTENTION: CHECK SPAM EMAIL FOLDER FOR CANDIDATE PACKET)
Priority is given to registrations according to the order they are received through the Online Registration process. In other words, it is better to register early.
***BEFORE YOU REGISTER** - Review these detailed instructions: TRD Student Registrati on Guide.pdf
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for current undergraduate and graduate students and alumni starting February 11 and no later than March 25, @ 11:59 PM.